jentertainment

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Kid's Mission, Driving Course...

I know, I know, I've been very lazy with this blog. But I really have my reasons!!!!! To be precise - three of them.

1) Kid's Mission
Originally I was merely a member of the leadership team. You know, just a random person who helps out with craft, cleans up and supports the main team. A couple of weeks before that Prash comes up with "Hey Jen, I think I'll put you on memory verse. You'll be fine." Hmm....REALLY stretching my creativity, and skills. The day before: "Jen, I'm putting you as the MC. Don't worry, it's not a big job or anything. You'll be fine."

Ok...some stats. There were approximately 185 kids (from K-6) each day...about 40 leaders...and about 20-30 parents...so a pretty damn big crowd. So there I was, prancing around with a chirpy "HI GUYS!!!" Playschool host voice, smiling, waving....ergh. My name, believe it or not, was "Generous Jen"....hahahaha. Um. I think I've never been as out of my element as I was that week, since my particular brand of humour consists of paying people out or making witty references to current affairs. Really not applicable to small children. So yeah, it was a very tense sort of week!!! Haha. Although, I've got to say, I thought it would be as bad as House Choir (ie cynical bastards)...whereas the kids were absolutely gorgeous and would come up to me and say hi, smile at me, etc. Yay!! I felt popular. Something I rarely feel!!! (Lol).

2) Uni offers
OMG cannot get over how tense I was just before these came out. Spent the better part of Jan 18 praying and reading Bible verses, trying to deal with the prospect of rejection and combined law at UNSW. (Speaking of combined law, I CANNOT get over the USyd law cutoff going down the 99.55!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I'm going there or anything...but STILL!! Crazy). Having not made Monash the day before did NOT do wonders for my personal confidence...however, I got a DFEE place!!! Thank the Lord!!!! (And I know I might be asking a BIT too much...but if you could pray that I get a HECS place in the 2nd round offers, I would be so grateful). The thing is - I'm going to be working a lot this year, and paying off the entire loan myself. A prospect that is, well, slightly unappealing. I'd still do it though...no problem. Anyhoo, that was that.

3) Advanced driving course
Now to be honest, DRIVING there was far more scary than doing it. The top speed I have EVER done was 80km/h, and I was scared. On the bloody M5, I was (illegally) doing about 110km/h. I don't quite remember breathing for about half an hour as I sped along out past Campbelltown. Anyway, I will NEVER find Gladesville Bridge scary again. (The Harbour Bridge may be anothe matter). Whatever the case, the course itself was still fairly scary. I do NOT like the feeling of the car shuddering as I slam on the brakes and kick the ABS into action. Especially not when the floor is wet, and the car feels like it's sliding from side to side...Hmm.

In other news - Claire has now left Australia!!!!! =( I will miss you so much honey!!!!!! I hope and pray that you have a fantasamalistic time in Brazil...we MUST keep in touch.

Love you all, will write again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home