jentertainment

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Another boring day passes...

In which Jennifer finds new and creative ways to waste time (such as tanning her legs from different angles in the backyard, or reading poetry...yes, POETRY, skimming through the NIDA booklet that was kindly sent out today, or just eating. A lot.)

Oh, and I did some maths trials...for some reason, they're not that bad, except for the bloody Sydney Boys' trials!!!! What is with them!?!? I swear that their trials are harder than the Catholic ones, and maybe even the Ruse ones. So yeah, it was really easy to lose attention after that one. Mind you, maths is pretty good (except projectiles..my Waterloo) in comparison with other disasters like Modern History (I'm going to kill Ms Osborn after the HSC...anyone up for joining me?) so I'm sticking at it for the time being. Weird, because I always used to like artsy subjects but when it comes to it, I'm better at sciency/maths ones.

Speaking of the arts, in my reading of poetry today I found a great poem that I should have used for 3u Eng. It's so infuriating how that happens. It was a really lovely Shelley poem, too. And I'm liking Tennyson as well. See - this is what the HSC does - it helps nurture my learning in so many diverse fields!!! (As in, ones NOT connected to study).

What else...OH. I read the latest Series of Unfortunate Events book - "The Penultimate Peril." Can I just say, that was the weirdest book I've read in a while. Especially for THAT series. I mean, it was actually like a real book rather than a caricature of a book. It started out comically "black and white" and now it's so...so GREY...that it's very strange. The moral ambiguity of the ending is quite unexpected, and rather unsettling. I mean, Harry Potter (yes, seems like I can't post an entry without mentioning it once) is written in a much more realistic way, but is so much more black and white than Unfortunate Events.

So yes, with that in mind, I shall take myself off to do the 2003 Catholic Trial, or perhaps a Ruse paper. See you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home