jentertainment

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lalala and I'm back!

Hello all!

I thought I might keep up with my trend of updating my blog when I'm actually procrastinating from something due very soon (in this case, my assignment on Friday). Hope you've all been gooood happy bubbies...

What's been happening around here of late? Well, quite a lot actually. First there were medshow rehearsals...and more medshow rehearsals. Which were very very irritating (at least the consistent 9pm, 10pm, 11pm nights...). But overall lots of fun! The end result was great - a hilarious show to an audience that packed out Clancy. Good old Vekram's a scream... Probably just playing himself, but funny anyway... and many of the random gags were funny as. Loved how med-studenty it was, too. Hehe...ahh...anyway, point being, great show, and if you didn't see it, you missed out. You missed out bigtime. =P

Then there was Ness's, which was pretty fun for the first half because I got mind-bogglingly wasted. For me, anyway. Thankfully not quite Slip Inn levels, but definitely tipsy to the extent that I actually can't remember a fair bit of what went on (apart from being reaalllyyy loud and obnoxious). Interesting night overall.

Johnny's was AWESOME fun, especially making him scull that flipping bucket of beer!!! Hahaha and he did such an awesome job, too!!! Plus things like cheering when he got his ID checked...ahh good times. Tim Cooper drunk was also really hilarious. We should make that happen more often, I think. There was stacks of food, but unfortunately not that much drinking for the people who DIDN'T get all their drinks bought (we hadn't realised how flipping expensive the drinks would be). Oh wait - no - there was a lowlight. That being walking 20 minutes down George St to get to the Three Wise Monkeys...definitely not worth it.

A bit after Medshow was the trivia night debacle. Now that was annoying. It's apparently some first year rep duty, and a week before the night we had ONE team register. ONE. A couple more applied, and one team registered and then pulled out. It was all looking grim the night before, and the possibility of canning it was definitely there. Hmm...anyway, a whole factors combined to make me completely break down the night before, and have a little cry about feeling like a failure. After some ringing around, a team of sorts was established...and here is where I thank them for turning up and being absolute champs!
Thank you, Scuz, for coming, and for coercing others to come!! Thanks Pat for caving into my kicked-puppy-dog look! Thank you Tony for supporting me in my hour of need! Thank you Kim for coming despite all your other social engagements! And thanks Jason for coming even though you were sick! Chris - you know I think you're awesome, but I'll say thanks again for writing questions, helping host/mark it, and for being there to help out. You all rock!!!! And Minty does too, of course, but that goes without saying.

Visited USyd recently as well, which was nice...picked up research material for my abortion assignment, randomly ran into Alison and then spent time with Celia, which was all very good. I like uni hopping. I should probably do it more often.

And after that I haven't really done much, apart from avoid my assignment/project. Which I'd been doing quite well, although it's not really that much of an achievement... Especially when it's Wednesday and I'm feeling somewhat screwed for Friday (which is MedBall anyway, and will be consumed with preparty organisation/getting hair done/etc/etc/etc). Hmmmm. No wait, there IS something else - I saw "Thank You For Smoking"! Which is a GREAT movie that I think everyone should see. Well - ok, maybe not everyone, maybe just everyone who likes debating/arguing/satire/politics/really funny movies.

Alright, I really have wasted enough time. Adios to you all! Love you heaps.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyho! haha trivia night... i will NEVER forget it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home